Brazilian-Made Footwear, Accessories, and Apparel Featured in New York City COTERIE and MAGIC Fashion Trade Shows
On the heels of last year’s successful New York City fashion trade shows and MAGIC Las Vegas earlier this month, Brazil’s fashion – with the help of ApexBrasil – returns to the U.S. fashion capital, shining a spotlight on the region’s rising prominence in the global market
NEW YORK, Feb. 21, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — ApexBrasil, the Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency, will sponsor 34 Brazilian footwear, accessories, and apparel brands and companies at this year’s COTERIE and MAGIC fashion trade shows, where premier women’s contemporary collections will be on display to an audience of international and domestic retailers, buyers, influencers, media, and more. Among the top fashion trade shows in the U.S, these two prominent events will take place in conjunction at the Jacob Javits Center in New York City from February 21-23, and Brazil-based companies and designers will have a presence throughout both shows.
Specifically focused on the women’s East Coast market, MAGIC showcases modern sportswear, footwear, and accessories from established and emerging brands. COTERIE features women’s contemporary and advanced contemporary apparel, accessories, and footwear. In addition to ApexBrasil, the Brazilian brands and companies that will be onsite are supported by TexBrasil, a program for the textile and fashion industry that was created by ApexBrasil in partnership with Abit, the Brazilian Textile and Apparel Industry Association that focuses on boosting the development of Brazilian fashion brands in markets around the globe. Other partners include: Abicalçados, the Brazilian Footwear Industries Association, whose mission is to increase the presence of the Brazilian footwear industry and its brands in the international market; Brazilian Footwear, an export incentive program developed by Abicalçados in partnership with ApexBrasil; Abest, the Brazilian Association of Fashion Designers, which is a group that serves a similar mission for Brazilian fashion brands; Fashion Label Brasil (the Fashion Internationalization Program of Added Value), supported by Abest and ApexBrasil, which promotes Brazilian brands and Brazilian fashion abroad; the Brazilian Institute of Gems and Precious Metals (IBGM), which is committed to representing, developing, and promoting the interests of all segments of the gems, jewelry, and watch sectors; and Precious Brazil, which is a sectoral project of IBGM and ApexBrasil that aims to support and promote Brazilian companies in the stone and jewelry segments.
Lilian Kaddissi, superintendent of strategic projects at Abit, explains the importance of Brazil’s participation at the COTERIE and MAGIC fashion shows, which has been made possible through the partnership between these trade sector associations. “We have had a consistent presence at the annual COTERIE and MAGIC trade shows over the past few years. The number of Brazilian brands onsite has grown each year, and we are excited to see even more business connections made during the 2023 edition.”
Brazil has a thriving 200-year-old apparel industry that is comprised of brands and designers that are globally recognized. Brazil has the only complete textile supply chain in the Western world, positioning the country as one of the biggest upcoming markets in the fashion segment. Brazil was one of the top 10 global markets for clothing and accessories in 2019, and the fifth largest footwear producer in the world. Last year, the country reached a production milestone of 840 million pairs of shoes, of which 141.9 million pairs were exported internationally, generating $1.31 billion USD. When compared to pre-pandemic levels in 2019, that is a 23.2% rise in unit volume and 34.8% in revenue. Brazil’s commitment to innovation and sustainability in fashion, footwear, and apparel is helping to drive demand now and will continue to do so in the future as consumer interests and demands change.
Some of the Brazilian brands that will be on display at COTERIE and MAGIC include:
- Paola Benardi is a portfolio brand in the Lebel Fashion Group, producing knit wear that is akin to true works of art. The pieces are produced in Brazil in small quantities, guaranteeing careful attention to every detail with an impeccable and exclusive finish.
- Paola Benardi designs will be on display at booth number: 7015
- Nádia Gimenes is an accessories brand that is the realization of a childhood dream of the eponymous designer. The creations, including rings, necklaces, hair accessories, and pendants are all developed by Nádia from sketch to finish. Each collection tells a different story often inspired by paradisiacal settings, art, nature, and historical references.
- Nádia Gimenes designs will be on display at booth number: 5524
- Serpui delivers creations that are not just beautiful handbags but works of art. Based in São Paulo, the brand delivers four collections a year for consumers looking for special and quality designs that use sophisticated materials such as mother of pearl, Swarovski crystals, and hand-made embroideries.
- Serpui designs will be on display at booth number: 5523
- Maria Pavan was born from the idea of offering comfort, beauty, style, and elegance through pieces that are composed of modern knitting. Passed from mother to daughter, the new generation that manages Maria Pavan helps to keep the brand modern and competitive with collections that are inspired by the elegance and sophistication of its customers, who have a passion for exclusivity and appreciation for fine details.
- Maria Pavan designs will be on display at booth number: 6148
- Schutz was founded by Alexandre Birman in 1995 and is focused on producing footwear, handbags, and accessories. The brand invests heavily in researching trends, and in developing new materials and technologies to create its portfolio. Schutz’s mission is to offer product concepts that put to the forefront design, quality, fashion, and freedom of expression. The brand has outlets located in key fashion centers in Brazil, as well as in New York City and Los Angeles.
- Schutz designs will be on display at booth number: 5123
Other Brazilian fashion and footwear can be found at booths 5555, 5454, 7024, 5141, 5460, 5334, 7630, 7458, 7455, 7034, 7349, 7028, 7554, 5163, 5349, 6921, 5336, and 7461. ApexBrasil supports a number of additional priority sectors through exposure with the U.S. market. To learn more, visit: http://www.apexbrasil.com.br/en/trade-sectors.
The Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency (ApexBrasil) works to promote Brazilian products and services abroad, and to attract foreign investment to strategic sectors of the Brazilian economy. ApexBrasil organizes several initiatives aiming to promote Brazilian exports abroad. The Agency’s efforts comprise trade and prospective missions, business rounds, support for the participation of Brazilian companies in major international trade fairs, arrangement of technical visits of buyers and opinion makers to learn about the Brazilian productive structure, and other select activities designed to strengthen the country’s branding abroad. ApexBrasil also plays a leading role in attracting foreign direct investment (FDI) to Brazil, by working to identify business opportunities, promoting strategic events and lending support to foreign investors willing to allocate resources in Brazil. ApexBrasil is an agency linked to the Brazilian Foreign Ministry (Itamaraty). Learn more at apexbrasil.com.br/br/pt.html
The Brazilian Textile and Fashion Industry Internationalization Program (Texbrasil) works with companies in the textile and clothing sector to develop strategies to conquer the global market. Over 20 years, it has already helped around 1,600 brands to enter the export trail, doing USD 9 billion in business. The Program is conducted by Abit in partnership with ApexBrasil (Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency). In 20 years, Texbrasil has carried out more than 7 thousand actions, including almost 450 editions of international fairs. Learn more at www.texbrasil.com.br
About Brazilian Footwear
Brazilian Footwear is an export incentive program developed by Abicalçados in partnership with ApexBrasil. This program aims to increase the presence of the Brazilian industry and its brands in the international market through development actions, commercial promotion, and image. Read more: www.brazilianfootwear.com | www.abicalcados.com.br/brazilianfootwear
Fashion Label Brasil
Fashion Label Brasil is the fashion internationalization program of added value, created by the Brazilian Association of Fashion Designers over 17 years ago in partnership with ApexBrasil, the Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency to promote Brazilian brands and Brazilian fashion abroad, highlighting the country’s image as innovative and contemporary. The program includes strategic activities and commercial promotion for various segments of Brazil’s fashion industry, male or female, such as beachwear, activewear, footwear, accessories, jewelry, and costume jewelry, helping them to expand their operations in the international market. fashionlabelbrasil.com/en/
The sectoral project aims to support and promote Brazilian companies in the Brazilian stone, jewelry and jewelry segments that want to export their products, be they beginners, exporters or international. Conducted by IBGM – Brazilian Institute of Gemstones and Precious Metals – in partnership with Apex-Brasil – Brazilian Agency for the Promotion of Exports and Investments – the project currently serves about 181 companies in the Sector. preciousbrazil.com/en/
Ruder Finn – PR on behalf of ApexBrasil in the U.S.
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/brazilian-made-footwear-accessories-and-apparel-featured-in-new-york-city-coterie-and-magic-fashion-trade-shows-301751506.html
Some images courtesy of https://pixabay.com
The post Brazilian-Made Footwear, Accessories, and Apparel Featured in New York City COTERIE and MAGIC Fashion Trade Shows first appeared on TREND MAG.